Send eFax Outbound via Email
You can send faxes via email by attaching your file to an email addressed to:
Sending an email with an attached file to this address would send a fax of the attached file to 15556667777.
(To be eligible for email to fax you must have a user on the phone system with your email address assigned to it)
Once the file is sent you should receive confirmation emails that the fax is queued, if it was successful, or if it failed.
Send eFax Outbound via Interactive.Tel Portal
You can also send faxes by logging into your account at https://interactive.tel/portal.
- Once logged in click on the Fax tab > Send Fax this will present you with a window for the faxing details.
- Browse to locate the file you wish to fax.
- Phone Number you're faxing to (no leading digits necessary).
- Optionally you can add a cover letter.
- Then click Send.
There is a lot of configuration behind the scenes for users to utilize the faxing platform. If you do not have the options shown above or are receiving errors when following the instructions, please reach out to our support team for assistance.
The TotalCX team is always improving and testing new methods or processes for eFaxing to give more control to end-users and managers.
Inbound faxing is set up in the manager portal (Office Manager or higher scope is required): https://interactive.tel/portal, the TotalCX support team is always available to complete this for you if you need help.
First, navigate to the Inventory tab, and ensure the number you want to use for faxing is set up as an Available Number:
- Navigate to the Fax Accounts tab in the Inventory
- Click on Add Fax Number
- Select the fax number from the Phone Number drop-down
- Set the Primary User for the fax line (all email notifications for inbound faxing are sent to the email(s) built on the primary user, even if shared. If you need multiple people to receive faxes via email, use a generic "Fax" routing user and set up multiple email addresses)
- If you need to share the line for outbound purposes you can set up users in the Share with User(s) fields
- Enable all email-based settings under Enable Methods, Inbound Fax Handling, Delivery Notifications, and Failure Notifications as show below:
- Click Add
Once set up the number will appear in the Fax Accounts assigned to the primary user.
NOTE: this configuration will also populate inbound faxes to the primary user's Fax portal tab within their phone system account login.
Once the phone system configuration is complete, you must reach out to the TotalCX support team to get the eFax number routed properly in the carrier network. Then the eFax will be ready for testing/use.