Your user must have a certain permission scope within the phone system to access the menus described in this article. If you need assistance with configurations or access within the portal, reach out to our support team.
This article will assist you in applying device-specific configurations to phones in the PBX portal. Device configurations can be found within the administrator guide of the device or brand that you're working on.
In this example a user is trying to add a tone to their phone when a customer is on hold:
Notice the syntax of how the system will recognize the configuration parameter - the value of the configuratinon must be within quotes, no spaces, equal sign between the configuration parameter and the value.
Applying the Configuration
1. Navigate to the Phones menu.
2. Click on the gear symbol to enter the SNAPBuilder configuration for the device.
3. Click on the 3-dot menu near the top of the key configurations.
4. Click Additional phone settings.
The Advanced Phone Settings window will appear.
5. Type or paste in all commands you wish to apply to the phone in the Overrides field; multiple commands can be separated by spaces or returns.
6. Once finished, click Done.
7. Click on the up-arrow for Save and click Save and resync.
Depending on the device brand the phone may reboot (Yealink will not reboot).
Secondary method to apply a configuration to a phone:
- Go to the Phones menu
- Click on the pencil (edit) icon for the device
- Navigate to Advanced
- Enter your configuration in the Overrides field, multiple commands can be separated by spaces or returns.
- Click the up-arrow on save and click on Save and Resync.
*Note that this method will make any brand of phone reboot*
The TotalCX support team does have access to apply configurations en masse. If you need assistance with this please do not hesitate to call, chat, or email our support team.