Each device has a unique identifier called a MAC address that is assigned to a single user. This article helps understand how to reassign MACs from one user to another.
To reassign a MAC:
- Navigate to phone inventory by selecting the Phones menu
- Filter or locate the MAC/device you would like to reassign and click on the pencil Edit button
- You can review the Line(s) assigned to the user
- Edit each Line with the new user ensuring to select the user in the drop-down, leaving this box blank will unassign the phone from any user.
- Once all lines are reassigned, click Save
- Factory default any device involved
Caveats, Best Practices, FAQ
- It is best practice to factory default any device that gets reassigned
- It is best practice to review the SNAPBuilder configuration for each device that gets reassigned (ensure line keys are assigned to the correct user)
- It is okay to remove a user from a MAC and have the device unassigned in the phone inventory
- A device must have a user assigned to Line 1 in order to operate correctly (Line 1 should be assigned to Key 1 in SNAPBuilder)