This guide will show you how to set up a new user and assign them a device. You must have elevated privileges to the phone system to be able to perform these steps.
Setting Up the User
1. Navigate to Users
2. Click on Add User
3. Fill in the user data
First Name: First name of the user.
Last Name: Last name of the user.
Extension: Extension number assigned to the user.
Department: Allows for organization and filtration to find users easier.
Site: Physical location of the user, allows for organization and filtration to find users easier.
Email Address: Email of the user - very important field, this is where they receive their welcome email and voicemail notifications.
User's Scope: This field gives the user access to the portal. You will usually only select one of 3 options:
- No Portal - No access to the https://interactive.tel portal
- Basic User - Basic portal access, suitable for general users.
- Office Manager - Manager access to the phone system, can make changes, and create/update users.
Caller ID: The number in this field will be used for outbound calling.
Emergency Caller ID: The number in this field is what e911 services will receive when 911 is dialed.
Enable Voicemail: Enable or disable voicemail box for the user.
Add Phone Extension: This adds a phone to the user, later you can assign a device to the user. Checking this box adds a seat to the domain.
Password: Password to log into the phone portal and mobile app.
Voicemail PIN: PIN to check the voicemail box.
4. Once complete click Add User, the user will now be visible in the domain:
Assigning a Phone Device
Now that the user has been added, we can assign a phone device.
1. Navigate to Users
2. Search for the new user
3. Click on the Edit icon
4. Click on Phones
This navigation will take you directly to the phones tab in the user's profile.
5. Next, click on the Edit icon for their current phone (if there is no phone to edit, click on Add Phone).
6. Enter the hardware information for the device you'd like to assign:
- You must have the Model and MAC Address.
- Set the Preferred Server to whatever is geographically closest to the user.
- Always set the Line Number to
7. Click Save
Now the hardware is assigned.
If you run into an error saying that the phone is already assigned to someone else you may need to free it up for the new user. Navigate to the Phones tab and edit the device to assign it to the new user: